Search engines operate smart and fast. That’s why you get relevant search results in a matter of seconds. Do you know how many sites that Google has to crawl and index to determine the suitable ones for presentation? Well, they are many. Every site in the database has to be analyzed for suitability your site included. Standing out in such a competition takes great work of SEO. The secret is making the search engine be able to grasp what your content is less than a second. Even with the modern technology used in search engines, they still face some limitations when it comes to indexing. The results of it, you won’t like. They simply abandon what they cannot crack. Here are the tricks to be on the safe side.
- Fewer online forms If possible, don’t put any of these online forms on your site. Forms are meant for humans to fill and not search engines. Many sites have adopted this feature in the pursuit of learning more about their visitors. You can’t access the content on the site without filling the forms first. To humans, that’s simple. You can as well dodge the form and continue to the site without necessarily filling it. To the search engines, that’s a task and a half. And time is a factor of crucial consideration. Instead of sticking around figuring out a way of accessing the site, they will quit and continue with other easily accessible sites. Any content you had behind the form will be of no use because it can’t be presented to targeted audience.
- Code blocks You think that you are blocking robots from hacking into your site by adding robot codes. Well, robots won’t access your site. Unfortunately, search engines won’t too. These codes will block the search engines from entirely accessing your site content, and they give up. Do away with these codes and welcome the search engines.
- Poor page linking Your site has many pages and all of them need to be indexed to detail for search engines to have a wider knowledge of what you are dealing with in specifics. If you don’t link some to the primary page, you are risking them from omission. Google will take it that they are less important and unneeded.
- Media content Having images on your site content is pleasant. In fact it’s recommended that you have several of them. The problem comes when the added media is not customized and optimized to match your brand. We are talking of images, audio, video, plug-ins and flash files. While they are modern, you need to optimize them to allow easy Google crawling and indexing.
- Duplicate pages
There are certain features like the CMS which will lead to duplicate web pages. Google will have to index all the copies. Once similarity is detected from the same page, your rankings will definitely go down. That’s because search engines emphasize on having original and unique content on the web pages.
Latest posts by Ramon Shoffner (see all)
- The War Against Sitemap - June 6, 2018
- Things You Won’t Like About Termite Treatment Quote and Things You Will - April 22, 2018
- How to make it easy for Google to crawl and index your pages - July 2, 2016